Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Teal Tuesdays - Funky French

 

So I had this grand idea of stamping or french tape mani or layers or clean and crisp and simple. But as I put on my base french tip color I had an epiphany. And here is how my mani turned out. I am so loving this mani it's ridiculous! 


 Voila! Isn't it so purdy! I have no shame with this mani. I never expected it to work out so well! I am so proud of it! :) The colors I used are OPI Pink-a-Doodle. This is the natural look of my nails. It is beautiful pink with a deeper pink flash (gorgeous!) but the flash doesn't like to be photographed. Pink-a-Doodle is my new go-to french mani base! Love! 

I also used OPI Fly and the base for the french tip. I then sponged China Glaze Atlantis and the sponged Once Upon a Polish Under the Sea over that! 


Another photo just because! :) You can buy Once Upon a Polish here and her facebook page is here.


And yep another. I promise they are three different photos! :) I love the random square holo glitter found in Under the Sea it add a bit of dimension! :)

 

 OPI Pink-a-Doddle and OPI Fly as tips. Uneven tips. But that's what the glitter hides! :)



Teal Tuesdays was started because teal is unloved and needed its own day of celebration!
Teal is a medium to dark bluish green color of low saturation; a dark cyan.
Open to interpretation, anything green with a hint of blue or blue with a hint of green is welcome here!
Aqua, Turquoise,Tiffany Blue, etc etc...all are welcome - we do not discriminate!
Click the Teal Tuesdays logo on this post or in my sidebar to be taken to the facebook page!

Some of the other blogs participating are:
Caitlin's Creative Corner
Cherries Sweets
Colorsplash Nails
Elyssian Beauty
Fancy Phalanges 
The Frenzied Polisher
Gaga for Nails
Gnarly Gnails
Geeky Owl
Klutzy Hands Nails
The Lacquered Libra
Love in a Bottle
Mandy's Polish
Ms.Meow's Nails
My Rusty Nails
Nails Beautiqued
Nail Polish Lane
No Holos!
Once Upon a Polish
Patchouli & Lace
Persistently Glittery
Polished Art
Simple-and-Beautiful
Subtletyisoverrated

13 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Eye catching but not over the top, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ IT!!!! I wanna try it in PINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! That would be really pretty! Weird, I don't really have pink glitter! Yikes! Need to change that I think! :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I love Once Upon A Polish and I've never seen this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this polish and her whole brand! This one is currently for sale on her etsy shop! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooooohhhh...... shiny. (eyes glaze over at site of sparklies)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!! I love the glittery tips! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.