Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Art: 31 Day Challenge 2013! Day 9: Black & White


Welcome to Jackson Pollock day for a lot of the Digit-al Dozen ladies! :) When we all realized that a lot of us were doing a Pollock we decided to schedule them for today! I decided to do a Pollock because it is perfect for Black & White day for the 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version)!


This is my inspiration. It is called Black and White Polyptych by Jackson Pollock. I couldn't find my information on this piece of work except that it was possibly made in 1950. He is most famous for his "drip paintings". In which he would have the canvas spread out on the floor and would drip, fling, and splatter paint and other foreign matter (sometimes glass).


I used Milani White on The Spot and Wet n' Wild Black Creme. I used a straw to create the splatter and taped off the edges of my fingers so that I didn't have too much clean up! I was really happy with the way my splatter turned out!

Don't forget to check out the other ladies in The Digit-al Dozen:


And doing the 31 Day Challenge 2013 (relaxed version):

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know that he had a black and white or else I would have totally done this one! :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you! I'm glad I found it for the the two challenges!

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast of the black and white. If I keep staring at it - I swear I might start to see shapes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for pollock! the contrast in the splatter is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I want to try a monotone one (white, greys, black).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.