Monday, March 11, 2013

Indie Month Day 11 and The Digit-al Dozen Does Geek - Cult TV Mash Up!


Welcome to another fabulous week of The Digit-al Dozen! This week it is Geek themed! Yes! I got to pick the theme and there were many many groans. But tough ladies! This week is going to be so epic it's ridiculous! Everyone's manis are going to be great!


So let's start off with some polishes shall we? These are all one coat each. (l-r) NerdLacquer Gorramit, NerdLacquer I Aim to Misbehave, Cult Nails Time Traveler, and Cult Nails Power Thief. Can you see what theme I'm going for here? Or is it still a bit vague?

Sorry for the slightly blurry nails. It would seem that the NerdLacquers are so fabulous that the camera can't even focus on them! But as you can see you could pretty much get away with just one coat of each of these polishes! But a second coat adds so much more depth and glory!


See the depth and glory? :) Two coats each. Such an interesting skittle no? What can she be doing you ask yourself. Well, the two NerdLacquers are both from the Serenity Trio (Shiny being the third). But the other two? Huh?


Boom! Ah-yeah! You get it now? A mash up of two epic cult TV shows! Boo-yah! Firefly (first two nails) and Doctor Who (last two nails)! I had to do both! My index finger has the first line of the Firefly theme song: "Take My Love....". My middle finger is (suppose to be) the logo from the ship Serenity. My ring finger is a T.A.R.D.I.S. and my pinkie is the Doctor Who theme song! Blam!

Polishes used:
Index: NerdLacquer Gorramit and a black Sharpie.
Middle: NerdLacquer I Aim to Misbehave, Jessica Pumpkin Delight, KleanColor Metallic Yellow, and Catrice Lost in Mud.
Ring: Cult Nails Time Traveler and Milani White on the Spot.
Pinkie: Cult Nails Power Thief and a black Sharpie.

These Indies all applied perfectly without any problems!

All of these four Indies are unique to my collection. Cult Nails Power Thief might have some close dupes maybe more like relatives but nothing with that much shimmer!


Bottle shot of NerdLacquer Gorramit


Bottle shot of Nerd Lacquer I Aim to Misbehave

NerdLacquer can be purchased (when she restocks, and you better be fast buying because they go quickly!) at her shop: NerdLacquer
Check out her Google+ page to be kept up-to-date and in-the-know about restocks! NerdLacquer


Bottle shot of Cult Nails Time Traveler


Bottle shot of Cult Nails Power Thief.

Cult Nails can be purchased at her shop Cult Nails.
Don't forget to check out her Facebook page to be kept up-to-date! Cult Nails

Here is an EPIC mash up of the Firefly theme song with Doctor Who! Winning! :)


And because I can, here is John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) singing the Doctor Who Theme Song! :)



Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their Geek nails!

17 comments:

  1. What a good mash-up... I don't watch Doctor Who at all, but hubs has had me watch Firefly, it was really good! Too bad it was so short-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always pick such challenging themes - grr! I love this mani - such a great mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started watching Firefly because of my hubs, too! Love" I Aim to Misbehave".

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is AMAZING!!!! I love the TARDIS nail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did NOT write "oooh weee ooooh " lol. Kirsten I love you !!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both those shows, and your mani is perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Firefly. One show that should never have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up. I don't watch either shows but now I feel compelled to find them. Netflix maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mani but I have never seen either of those shows. lol I should probably look into it. I have heard rave reviews of both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.