Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Indie Month Day 12 and The Digit-al Dozen Does Geek - Star Wars


Day two of The Digit-al Dozen Does Geek! (also still continuing my Indie Month!) Today is Star Wars! Woot! Had to do these because in my house Star Wars is pretty dang popular.

I started out with two coats of Diamond Cosmetics Concrete Jungle. I then applied three coats of Rainbow Polish Sky Walker on my index finger. These is from Rainbow Polish's Star Set 2. And it is lovely! No fishing for glitter either!

Here is what Rainbow Polish says about Sky Walker:
This Luke Skywalker inspired polish named Sky Walker starts with a slightly milky blue base containing small blue glitters, blue"lightsaber" glitter bars, white square glitters and small blue dust glitter.

Little fact that Lukes lightsaber was changed from blue to green after he lost it and built his own. In the duel with Darth Vader it is blue. Pair with Dark Side and your fingers can duel :-)
And that is exactly what I did! They are dueling with two lightsabers! With light sparks flying off. I used Essence Let's Get Lost for Luke's lightsaber and Zoya Sooki for Darth Vader's. With Wet N Wild Black Creme for the handle and Catrice King of Greens and Zoya Sooki for the buttons. 

On my pinkie is three coats of Rainbow Polish Dark Side. This is from Star Set 1.

This Darth Vader inspired polish named Dark Side is a black jelly transparent base packed with various sizes of dark side black hex and square glitters and red "lightsaber" glitter bars and small holographic glitters.
 I love this both these sets of polishes and if you are a Star Wars fan I recommend you getting them! They are fabulous!


Thought I would show you Diamond Cosmetics Concrete Jungle (two coats). Super pretty and great application!


Bottle shot of Rainbow Polish Sky Walker


Bottle shot of Rainbow Polish Dark Side

These polishes are all very unique to my collection!

You can get these fabulous polishes and many more over at Rainbow Polish etsy store.
Don't forget to check out Rainbow Polish Facebook page to be kept up-to-date!

Here's a fabulous video by the Piano Guys called Cello Wars!



This guy does a lip-sync to Moose Butter's Star Wars.


Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their Geek nails!

10 comments:

  1. How cute are those light sabers?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this mani!!! I am a total Star Wars fan girl so I love it! I need to check these polishes out, I had not seen them before. I think they will need to come live with me, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS! Your light sabers are so freaking cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stinking adorable - genius idea! you are so creative in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.