Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Indie Month Day 13 and The Digit-al Dozen Does Geek - The Legend of Zelda


Day 3 of The Digit-al Dozen Does Geek (and continuing my Indie Month) we have The Legend of Zelda featuring Dollish Polish Legend of Zelda Duo. I also had to do this mani because Zelda is a huge deal in my family. I remember playing the game (still do) when it first came out on the original Nintendo!

For those of you not blessed of hearing of or playing this game here is a very brief summary of the storyline for the very first game, The Legend of Zelda (taken from Zelda Universe)
Ganon, the King of Evil, breaks free from the Dark World and captures Hyrule's beloved Princess Zelda. Before she is caught, Zelda manages to shatter the Triforce of Wisdom and scatter its eight pieces throughout Hyrule. Link swears to recover the Triforce pieces and rescue Princess Zelda from Ganon's clutches.

Here is (index finger) two coats of Dollish Polish The Hero of Time over two coats of Catrice King of Greens. I also put two coats of Dollish Polish Hylian Princess over two coats of OPI Steady As She Rose. Look how fabulous the glitter applied! As you can see Hylian Princess is more packed with glitter than The Hero of Time. But both are gorgeous! And both are super easy to apply with no glitter fishing!


I created Zelda images by printing off small pictures (sizing them to my nail size) and then painting over top of them into a page protector. I thought about doing Link's sword but decided against it.


So here we have the iconic Zelda images applied to my nail. For Link's shield I used Diamond Cosmetics Concrete Jungle as the base with China Glaze First Mate, OPI Candlelight, and Zoya Sooki. For the Triforce I used OPI Candlelight and Wet N Wild Black Creme.


Bottle shot of Dollish Polish The Hero of Time


Bottle shot of Dollish Polish Hylian Princess

Hylian Princess is totally unique in my collection. The Hero of Time, I have a few other green/brown glitters but the application/formula of this one is just fabulous! But you can never have too many green/brown glitters in my opinion!

You can buy this polish duo for $17.50 (when it is restocked) over at the Dollish Polish store.
 And don't forget to check out Dollish Polish's Facebook page to be kept up-to-date!

Check out this amazing Zelda Medley by Lindsey Stirling!



Don't forget to check out the other ladies and their Geek nails!

11 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.