Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Owl Week: Tutorial - Make Your Own Decals with Stamping!


Day 3 of Owl Week in celebration of my birthday week! Today I tried a new technique stamping and creating my own decals!
 
**edit** just thought I would let you know (because for some reason I forgot to mention this in the post. Note to self, don't write blog posts while having a migraine!). You can also find a fabulous tutorial on this over at Messy Mansions -- Stamper Decals. Her's is for a basic one stamped image on a stamper but the same concept! :)

I used L'Oreal Owl's Night (two coats) as my base. I stamped using Konad White and an Essence plate that was sent to me from across the pond! The accent colors on the owls are: China Glaze Def Defying, Essie Jamaica Me Crazy, and Essence Bella. I also used HK Girl top coat.

 

Ok, so here starts my step-by-step on how to make your own decals by stamping! First apply a good coat of clear polish onto a page protector (also heard wax paper can work. Just need something that the polish won't stick to!). I used HK Girl top coat, allow to completely dry.


Stamp your image onto the dried clear polish. Be careful as too much pressure can bring up the clear polish off the page protector (personal experience!).


Apply accent colors (to make sad crying owls! hahaha!). I used China Glaze Def Defying, Essie Jamaica Me Crazy, and Essence Bella. Allow to completely dry.


Trim away the excess clear polish, unless your nail is that big! Please pay no attention to the naked thumb nail. I was in the middle of trying different techniques while letting the different polishes in this tutorial dry! Yep, I'm weird. :)


Place on your nails and apply top coat to adhere them! If your base polish is still a bit tacky it will help to keep them in place, but don't press too hard on the decals as it might squish your base polish. Add these remove easily because after all they are just polish! Voila! Easy multi-colored stamped nail decals!

Stay tuned for my Indie Month post in a few hours!

12 comments:

  1. Love this ! and now I need that Plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea, I love it! Definitely have to try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!! I love the little owls and that is a brilliant technique!! I have tried doing it by painting designs but never thought of stamping them. GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing it with painting and this one is fun too!

      Delete
  4. Such an awesome idea, now I wanna try it out, lol :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog! I love getting comments! Though I may not be able to respond to each one right away, I do read and appreciate each and every one, they are actually a highlight of my day! If you have any questions, I'll try my best to respond quickly! If you would like for me to check out your blog, email me your link: geekyowl (at) gmail (dot) com.