Monday, July 14, 2014

The Digit-al Dozen Does Counties and Cultures Week - India's Festival of Colors


Welcome to another month and another week of The Digit-al Dozen! This week's theme is Countries and Cultures. A lot of us really struggled with this one. At first I wanted to do different celebrations from around the world, but I ran out of time and was only able to produce one mani about a festival. And that is today's mani!

http://crazzzytravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/festival-of-colors.jpg
"Holi is a spring festival also known as the festival of colours or the festival of love. [...] participants play, chase and colour each other with dry powder and coloured water, with some carrying water guns and coloured water-filled balloons for their water fight. Anyone and everyone is fair game, friend or stranger, rich or poor, man or woman, children and elders.[...] The festival signifies the victory of good over evil, the arrival of spring, end of winter, and for many a festive day to meet others, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and repair ruptured relationships" (source)
  

I really wanted to capture that thrown color look from the picture above. I started with Milani White on the Spot as my base. I only used one coat as I knew I would be covering it up! I then used five polishes to achieve this look. I used Q-tips to dab on the polish and sort of remove the color at the same time, does that make sense? It sort of diffused the colors. It's sort of like The Nailasaurus' Nimbus Tutorial but without the acetone! As for those five polishes, they are: Above the Curve Banana to a Party, and Barry M's Plum, Pomegranate, Grapefruit, and Guava. I absolutely love how this turned out! I topped it off with some HK Girl Top Coat. 


I stamped using Konad Black and MoYou Explorer 03. I absolutely love this plate, the henna-like images are so gorgeous! Slapped a bit of HK Girl Top Coat to seal the images.


And to finish it off I used Essie Matte About You to complete the look. I loved this mani, I really didn't want to take it off! I got a lot of compliments at work! :)

Don't forget to check out the other ladies as they take you around the world!