Friday, January 9, 2015

Soup for the Soul....It Really Does Get Better, I Promise

http://www.bonbonbreak.com/the-sadness-by-a-quiet-poet/
source

Wow, 2015 sure is rearing it's ugly head at me already. Nine days in and boom! It strikes, the anxiety. Man, I had been doing good all year! (hee-hee, see what I did there?) Though the poem above deals more with depression then anxiety I thought it very fitting for my mood today. But read on to find out what I read to be my Soup for the Soul!

Anxiety really does suck, it sucks the life right out of you. For that moment during the panic, you are not yourself, you are your feelings and your emotions and you have no control. The edge starts to slowly fade and you are able to beathe in slowly and try to calm down with any techniques you can possibly think of to try.

Today, while trying to figure out what I wanted to write for my Soup for the Soul, I was painting my nails, letting them dry, and catching up on my blog feed. And then it hit me without warning. In that moment all I could do is to think of something calming and I quickly typed in anxiety into Pinterest (got to love Pinterest!) and found this quote. I really love it, it did bring peace to my soul and warmed me through, just like a good soup. I am going to print if off and hang it up in my room.

http://engelta.hubpages.com/hub/Anxiety-disorder-fighting-and-relief
source

Don't forget to check out the other links!